If you are investing in a high shear mixer for your business, you need to consider a wide range of factors. Here are four smart tips to help you navigate the decision-making process to choose the right shear mixer with your equipment supplier successfully.
Highest Possible Flexibility
Choose a shear mixer that would maximize your flexibility, so you can use it for a wide range of recipes, products, and volumes. Here are some key flexibility-enhancing features to look out for a high shear mixer:
- Scalability: obtaining consistent quality end product regardless of the production volume
- Variable Volumes: switching from batch to or semi-continuous or continuous production as your volumes increase, without major new investment
- Versatility of Products: producing a wide range of products such as low-, high, or full-fat, and more or less viscous, with or without particles
- Maximum Control: controlling and predicting product quality parameters, including oil droplet size and distribution.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
Invest in equipment that improves your business bottom line. In a business where competition is tough, and margins are slim, every minute of production and every kilowatt of energy matters. It’s just right to invest in a mixing solution that gives you a low total cost of ownership per kilo produced. Look for a high shear mixer with the following features:
- Lowers your total consumption of energy
- Optimizes ingredients utilization, such as stabilizers and thickeners, by combining a dynamic shear system with a controlled mixing process.
- Minimizes the mixing time without compromising product quality
Working With The Right People
It’s a smart move to partner up with a solution provider rather than an equipment supplier. Choose a partner that has a full understanding of the complexities and challenges you face as a producer of cold emulsion products. Here are qualities to look out for:
- Knows how to customize your mixer to include multiple functionalities such as heating, cooling, vacuum, grinding, cutting, gentle blending, etc.
- Offers complete line solution you need from ingredient handling to filling
- Can give you accurate estimate droplet size and mixing times based on your quality targets, and helps you reduce batch times.
Ensure Food Safety
In every food business, the safety of the food you create is very crucial. Choose a supplier with the following characteristics:
- Has a 100% proven record on food safety
- Uses a hygienic mixer design (EHEDG approved)
- Audits component suppliers regularly for compliance
- Make use of food-grade materials in its equipment (FDA and EFSA approved)
- Supplies mixers with an efficient built-in cleaning system (CIP) for all product contact areas
Investing in high-quality equipment is better if you want long-term use. Consider all factors that would affect your business and make a choice wisely considering the above-mentioned tips.